4 maanden geleden
This company believe in 'friendly expertise'. It's an approach that has worked for our clients since 1933. With three offices in London, Milton Keynes and Watford, the companies Group has 14 Principals and over 170 staff.
Our focus is on providing personalised, friendly expert advice to a client bank ranging from owner managed businesses to high net worth individuals and Trustees. In addition to the day to day accountancy and tax compliance services we have expertise in areas such as helping businesses grow, tax planning, advising on acquisitions and sales and, succession and exit planning.
The role will involve supporting various network systems and applications including SQL Server, Citrix, Microsoft Office 365 and bespoke applications while helping in the day to day operation of the Helpdesk. The IT Application Support will have a solid background working within a busy IT team together with experience in Microsoft SQL scripting and Powershell. Depending on projects and tasks, the individual may be required to be available for queries during out of office hours. In addition as part of this role the individual will be expected to deal with any system issues as and when they occur.
The IT department is made up of a team of five which includes, 1 st line support, 2nd line support, IT Support Lead, IT Manager and Senior IT
Manager. The IT department, based in Watford, is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to the three offices as outlined above. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the IT Support Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Administer SQL Server including maintaining databases and writing queries.
* Supporting Powershell and Visual Basic scripts.
* Assist with Administration and maintaining corporate infrastructure, including Active Directory, Windows Server, Citrix, Microsoft Azure and Sharepoint.
* Administer the automation of software applications and desktop operating systems.
* Assist with support of Office 365, Exchange Online & Microsoft Teams (including Telephony).
* Assist 1 st / 2 nd line support staff and deal with escalated incidents. * Keep operational documentation up-to-date.
* Provide cover for 1 st / 2nd line support.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2016+ and Powershell.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange Online.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10.
* Experience in installing and updating software/applications in a network environment.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
* Ability to perform research into systems/applications for support and continued enhancement.
* Knowledge of the following would be of benefit:
o Citrix Virtual Apps, Desktop services and VDI.
o Microsoft SharePoint and Intune (Deployment Services).
o Visual Basic.
* A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development.
* A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals.
* To continually strive to improve overall the firm's effectiveness.
* Strong communicator.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people.
* Strong time management and self-motivation skills.
* A lateral thinker.
* Keeping up to date with current industry trends and emerging technologies and best practices.
BENEFITS AND EMPLOYMENT DETAILS
Full time role - Monday to Friday
Remuneration will be dependent on experience.
Right to Work in the UK required.
The package will include:
* Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme (Employer: 5%; Employee: 3%) subject to eligibility.
* Annual Christmas Bonus equivalent to 1 week's salary.
* Private Medical Insurance following completion of a 3 month probationary period (this is a taxable benefit).
* Death in Service scheme cover (4x salary).
* Group Income Protection Scheme (non-contributory) following completion of a 3 month probationary period.
* Annual Leave will be 23 days per annum (pro rata). 3 days are normally taken at Christmas/New Year.