4 months ago
As Technical Architect within the Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) team, you are a member of the ITS department of Proximus. The aim of the BAM platform is to provide a solution to monitor our Proximus internal E2E processes by providing a simplified view on the business process, provide aggregated dashboards, implement business KPIs to detect problems on our processes.
Content of the function
You will be responsible of the IT architecture of the BAM platform. It includes the participation in the intake process for new projects by defining the solution design of new components or adaptations of existing components to deliver the needed functionalities. It includes the improvement of current architecture to bring solution more resilient and that can cope with increasing load assuring high availability, fail over, very high performance.
As technical architects, you elaborate the solution, you make a technical design of the components, databases, flow of data between components. You document your architecture using UML models. You decide if new component will be developed or if we will adapt an existing component. You define the functionalities of each component (router, transformer, correlation engine, store service, etc…). You define which technology to be use for which functional blocs by optimizing the solutions, using the right technology for the right purpose.
With lead developers, you elaborate the standards to be respected by the development team.
With the operational team, you assure that standards and solutions are in place to allow correct monitoring, alarming, resiliency mechanism, automatic fail over mechanism, strong performance, scalability, automation of configuration and deployment. In case of trouble, you investigate until low level of details, looking at configuration, logging, messages in queues, DB config, and different engine to understand where the problem is and help the rest of the team to identify the root cause.
- You design the needed improvements with lead developers and operational people.
- You elaborate plans to bring corrective actions in production.
- You assure that new components are correctly tested to meet all non-functional requirements (robustness, resiliency, fail over, scalability, detection of errors, ready for monitoring, etc…) - You make review of coding / config of the development team for key components or components in trouble. - You help to tune the platform so that correct level of performance is reached.
- You assure that the design of the components are compatible with CI/CD chain.
- You bring to your team leader attention points linked to the architecture.
- You document yourself or help/drive the development team to document the component made in a configuration management tool.
- You assure the contacts with Unix team, storage team, firewall team, middleware team to help the development team in their project need.
- You make a follow up of the system capacity with the support/help of the operational team.
- You drive migration projects and platform evolution projects..
Master in IT related domains or equal through experience.
Expected technical knowledge
* Min 5 years' experience in IT technical architecture
* Past experience in operations and/or development team is a very strong asset.
* Mastering modern Java development and new UI development
* Mastering IT architecture and middleware
* Mastering Databases and Storage Systems (Oracle, Couchbase, Elastic Search)
* Knowledge of following technologies is important (AngularJS or React, Web design, Elasticsearch & Kibana, Couchbase, no sql database, GraphQL, relational database, XML, XSD, WSDL, JSON, SWAGGER, Unix, WebMethods Integration Server/Universal messaging/Terracotta, testing applications).
* Deep knowledge on Unix
* Deep knowledge of µServices and APIs development
Good understanding of networking, fire walls, load balancer
Good understanding of security and certificate management
Good understanding of Data Warehouse and Analytics principles
Good understanding of CI/CD chain
Good understanding of operations of an application
Expected soft skills
Very good communication
- English is a must (good level speaking and writing)