5 months ago
We are seeking a computational biologist to join the Sequence Data Analysis team within the Bioinformatics group. This team is responsible for the analysis of large best-in-class biological data-sets with an aim to help fight cancer.
The role will involve the integration and exploratory data analysis of large, complex datasets, developing and testing hypotheses whilst prototyping analytical approaches. Provide support to different working groups for their NGS based projects and effectively communicate analyses to a technical and non-technical audience
* PhD or MSc and 2+ years of relevant work experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, or similar.
* Advanced mathematics with strong experience of applied statistical modelling, ideally gained from next generation sequencing data applications
* Extensive knowledge of cancer genomics
* Flexibility and the ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
* Practical experience of analysing next generation sequencing data
* Demonstrated fluency in R and/or Python
* Extensive knowledge of UNIX based operating systems
* Exceptional communication skills
* Demonstrable excellence in problem solving within fixed timelines