over 1 year ago
Ideal candidates will have engine development experience, knowledge of IC engines and be able to plan & execute challenging tasks/projects with minimal supervision.
Candidates should be experienced in performing several of the below:
1. Technical project leadership of the delivery of engine components & systems.
2. Design & Development of engine components and systems.
3. Technical leadership for problem resolution on engine components & systems.
4. Assessment of test results / data analysis.
5. Component supplier management and collaboration.
6. Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and define validation requirements.
7. Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business for selected components, designs and suppliers.
8. Support field and production issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design & validation process for engine components and systems. This gives our employees true product ownership and the opportunity to see their products through to volume production.
1. Customer focus
2. Initiating action
3. Good problem-solving and data analysis skills
4. High work standards
5. Good planning and organisational skills
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
2. Good understanding of IC engine systems.
3. Working knowledge of Pro-E (CREO) 3D CAD system and Geometric Tolerancing (GD&T).
4. Development / validation experience of engine components & systems.
5. Proven experience of strong collaboration with component suppliers, including a good understanding and application of APQP.
6. Ability to lead and deliver problem resolution projects for engine components or systems.
7. Self-motivation and an ability to manage & deliver tasks to meet established commitments.
8. Excellent communications skills & teamwork
1. Experience of running and participating in FMEA
2. Good understanding of "Dimensioning and Tolerancing" standard ASME Y 14.5 2009
3. Knowledge and usage of Teamcenter - data management software.