12 months ago
An opportunity has arisen for an individual to join a global science based technology company who is committed to improving lives and the world. One third of my client's revenue comes from products that didn't exist five years ago and they are looking to better this. In this role, you will be given the freedom to lead the laboratory manufacture of formulations and small-scale product batches.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for assisting/leading the characterisation of raw materials and development of formulations. This opportunity will enable you to plan, lead and execute a range of multiple experimental studies working across cross functional teams. This role will allow you to perform research, create, develop and formulate MDI/DPI inhalation products via a QbD framework. You will be tasked on conducting in vitro data analysis and interpretation of data via statistical software.
This role will be focusing on product development and formulation of inhalation, with early phase development of new products. Role is predominantly early stage development of new products. You will play a vital role in the lab working with products, getting involved in pre work such as planning, protocol writing and research.
Activities will include:
* Plan, organise, lead the laboratory manufacture of formulations and small-scale product batches in line with functional/departmental requirements.
* Responsible for assisting and leading the characterisation of raw materials, development of formulations and final drug dosage forms for inhalation products.
* Novel & new inhalation product development and creation of intellectual property.
* Undertake formulation-related testing in line with functional/departmental requirements.
* Research/create/ develop/formulate MDI (or DPI) inhalation products via a QbD framework and participate in patent & IP generation.
* Use physical characterisation techniques to determine properties of powders and formulations.
* Conduct in-vitro data analysis and interpretation of data (preferably inhalation product testing) - via relevant statistical software packages (Excel, Minitab etc).
* Research relevant industry developments in the areas of inhalation product development.
* Utilise technical/practical knowledge and hands on skills in a laboratory environment using state of the art manufacturing and testing equipment.
* Conduct inhalation product testing using existing and new technologies relating to inhalation product characterisation.
* Author high level technical protocols / reports and present technical data to all levels within the department.
* Plan, lead and execute multiple experimental studies (experimental design) working in cross functional multidisciplinary teams.