The Medical Director will have to full fill the following missions:
The role holder is collectively accountable for the leadership, governance, performance and culture of the UK and Ireland affiliate. This is achieved through developing and delivering an organisation-wide purpose and strategy, inspirational leadership, and the engagement and empowerment of colleagues and customers.
As the Director of the Medical team, the role holder is responsible for effective delivery of the medical affairs, regulatory, quality, pharmacolvilance (PV) and medical information functions.
Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Develop and deliver a Medical strategy & plan to ensure the provision of medical leadership including within brand and project teams, strategic input to national & regional market access activities, and implementation of appropriate research initiatives according to the interests and capability of local centres.
2. Lead the functional management in relation to budget management, operational expenditure and resource allocation.
3. Lead, inspire, and coach the team to develop talent and potential and a consistently high standard of competency and engagement enabling team productivity and excellence.
4. Ensure Brand Team excellence from the medical function.
5. Provide local leadership in collaboration with the global functions to ensure effective delivery of the regulatory, quality, PV, medical information and medical affairs functions within the UK and Nordic affiliates.
6. Cross functional, collaborative, proactive approach and solution oriented.
7. In depth Dermatology knowledge including patient perspective.
8. Proactively sharing insights to support company goals for both short and long term
9. Lead and embed a culture, way of working and processes that support a fully compliant operational environment.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications requirements
A Medical Degree is required
Final ABPI Medical Signatory (certifier) preferred.
Working knowledge and understanding of appropriate regulations and Code(s) of Practice.
(ABPI/IPHAABHI/PAGB/CAP, other codes, laws and regulations, including Data Protection, Conflicts of interest, Antifraud, Anti Bribery Act, Anticorruption, Competition Law (commercial deals) etc.
Experience in new launches
Experience in Dermatology TA preferred
Experience in medical affairs is required
Experience of leading and engaging teams, and change management is required
Demonstrated ability to influence relationships and leverage knowledge internally across a matrix structure, to optimise opportunities with stakeholders and achieve shared goals