about 1 month ago
* Follow documented standard work procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect free assembly of parts and components, using various hand, power tools and lifting equipment provided in the work area
* Follow and work to Engineer's instructions to install prototype, pilot, and production powertrains into machines.
* Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Backhoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
* Instrument powertrains installs with, thermocouples, pressure transducers, speed pickups and other forms of sensors.
* Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both powertrains and machine.
* Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic)
* Manufacture parts from drawings using in house facilities (machining, welding and fabrication and fully equipped electronics lab).
* Produce electrical looms to interface powertrain and machine.
* Demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of powertrains and machines.
* The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
* The ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives.
* A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
* You will possess effective communication skills to liaise with various levels of the organisation.
* The ability to use hand/power tools, lifting and welding equipment.
* Prepared to undertake required training/learning.
* Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience.
A renowned manufacturing company in Peterborough seeks a Proving Test Technician for contract work. You need a mechanical background including welding skills. Good machine experience covering hydraulics, electrical mechanical and diagnostic solution provision. Having a background in repairing and maintaining off-highway or large goods vehicles is beneficial.