7 months ago
For one of our clients based in Brussels and active in the Telecom industry, we are looking for a "RF Engineer Optimization - Medior".
As a RAN Optimisation Engineer, you take the technical lead for optimizing the Belgium mobile network, and proposing the necessary solutions for improving the end to end network performance, based on business or operational requirements.
* Improve End to End network (voice and data) quality and customer experience, and define and lead periodic Service Quality improvement plans.
* Investigate national and local network quality issues (raised by dashboard, benchmark campaigns…) and ensure their resolution.
* Lead the Radio Access Network capacity forecasts.
* Perform day-to-day capacity management, with focus on 4G.
* Improve network performance by changing network parameters (frequencies, scrambling codes, neighbor lists, antenna tilts and azimuths, power, …)
* Treat 'top bad performing cells'
* Support the network design and the network build team for nominal planning, or site rollout prioritization exercises.
* Collaborate with the remote (nearshore) optimisation team, dispatch tasks and follow-up tasks delegated to them.
* You have an engineering degree in telecommunication (or equivalent experience)
* Minimum experience: 5 years in Telecom
* Relevant experience in a similar role (end-to-end network optimisation, capacity management, test analysis, post processing, GIS analysis & reporting, KPI's reporting, troubleshooting)
* Good knowledge of 2G GSM / 3G UMTS / 4G LTE Radio technologies (incl VoLTE/CS-FB/…) and their optimisation is a must
* Knowledge of 5G systems is a plus
* Good understanding of Antenna properties (gain, opening angle, size vs wavelength, effect of tilting, MIMO, massive MIMO antenna arrays, … ) is a must.
* Knowledge of RAN signalling protocols.
* Capacity Management
* GIS Analysis & Reporting tools : MapInfo, QGIS, etc.
* Knowledge of Nokia Equipment is a plus
* IT skills in scripting, automation, experience with Low-Code or No-Code web application platforms, MS Power Apps, MySQL, Angular, Python,… are a plus as well.
* You are a proactive team player.
* You have excellent communication skills.
* You are able to take the customer experience view.
* Good proficiency of English is a must, knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus
Do you see yourself in this job position? If so, don't hesitate to contact me: