£39000.00 - £41500.00 per annum
11 months ago
* Responsible for creating in-game particle effects * Ensures that Effects are setup correctly in the level * Create Effects from concept to completion for different gameplay requirements * Contribute to content creation workflow and tool development for the VFX team * Work collaboratively with the Art/Design/Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges. * Develop a good understanding of the Art direction and create effects to support the vision. * Create Effects to realistic budgets and take ownership of the memory and performance costs of your effects.
Required Experience & Qualifications
* A professional portfolio or VFX blog
* Experienced at least one full project cycle as a VFX Artist for Current Gen Games or Film Production.
* More than 2 years Game development or Film VFX production experience
* Experience of creating real-time particle effects in game engines like Unreal or Unity.
* Good knowledge of content creation packages (Real-time VFX Engines/Houdini/Maya/After Effects/etc)
* Some knowledge of programming languages such as Python/HLSL
* Able to work independently and in a team
* Self- motivated and passionate about the end result.
* Able to take constructive feedback to improve work
. * Good eye for quality control and detail.
* Proactive and organised. * Able to respond quickly and efficiently to difficult creative changes.
* Experienced in dealing with the idiosyncrasies of team project work.
* Good documentation and communication skills.
* A Passion for games and to create something special!