7 months ago
My client, one of the world's largest construction equipment manufacturers, is currently looking for a Welder Fabrication Technician to join on a 12-month rolling contract. This position works both independently and as part of a team that drives towards a world class facility environment with robust manufacturing processes and systems.
You will support current programs, contributing toward continued growth and market leadership and will be working within the Prototype Department to carry out a variety of fabrication and rigging work to support programmes to very tight deadlines.
The Welder Fabrication Technician role involves:
* Design and fabrication of rigging parts using various welding techniques (mainly stainless-steel pipework)
* Assist engineers in performing Needs Analysis, initiating ideas, evaluating, and contributing to the design of new products and processes.
* Gain Knowledge and learn through experience and staying abreast of technology changes
* Practical application of technical skills, communications and building knowledge of Caterpillar's products.
* Reading and interpreting engineering drawings
* Adhere to company processes including Safety, Standard Work and Quality.
* Competent welding skills in TIG and MIG disciplines .
* Competent in all aspects of fabrication and fully conversant with engineering drawings.
* Apprenticeship served in Welding / fabrication City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3.
* Will be required to do a TIG welding test on site.
Welder Fabrication Technician - Cambridgeshire - £20 to £22 per hour